Equipment used for all locations:
1) Background noise measurement was conducted using a calibrated Earthworks M30 microphone, RME Babyface interface and Matlab.
2) Sine sweep impulse responses used a 30second 20Hz to 20kHz exponential sweep through a Yamaha MSP5 loudspeaker, captured using calibrated Earthworks M30 microphone, RME Babyface interface and Matlab.
3) Popping a balloon was used as an acoustic source approximation of a Dirac delta function. Regular ‘party’ balloons were selected with the red balloons chosen for a resemblance of continuity between impulse measurements.
4) Binaural recordings used a set of Roland CS-10em in-ear microphones being captured to a ZoomH4n at 48Khz/24bit.
5) The binaural scenes were captured as a succession of 3 minute recordings from the rear, middle and front of the churches.
6) Access was granted to the spaces at times when there was no members of the public present.